Thatched Cottage is a beautiful, Grade 2 listed, 17th Century cottage set back from the road with private parking and a large enclosed garden. The cottage is, as the name would suggest, thatched and has limed beams throughout which means it’s light and feels spacious whilst retaining its period charm. Each room is tastefully decorated in a style that blends bright and modern with classic rustic charm. It offers a real slice of country living.
Thatched cottage sleeps up to 8 guests but it’s such a cosy cottage that it would be perfect for a family or group of four too. The lay out is such that the fourth bedroom is situated at the other end of the cottage with its own private staircase. This keeps the main sleeping side a unit to sleep up to 6 and a more private double room
Inside the cottage you’ll find a good sized, well equipped country kitchen with 5 burner gas hob, electric oven, microwave, American fridge freezer, washer, dryer and dishwasher.
The sitting room has pine floorboards, comfortable sofas with snuggly throws. The back door leads straight from the sitting room into the garden so during the summer months you’ll find the garden becomes part of the ground floor living area! It really is a little piece of heaven on a sunny day.
The dining room has pine floorboards, a country scrub top dining table to seat 6 and a shelving area filled with books, games and DVDs. Leading off from one corner of the dining room is a small staircase that leads to bedroom 4.
The downstairs bathroom, which is also beamed, has a ceramic tiled floor, white bathroom suite of toilet, basin and a cast iron roll top bath.
Thatched Cottage has four bedrooms. From the sitting room you climb the twisted stairs to three bedrooms and a shower room. These lovely rooms are in the eaves of the thatch so have sloping ceilings throughout.
These are: The Blue Room; The Green Room and the Yellow Room. All bedding is 100% cotton. There are hypoallergenic pillows in each room. We also have a number of feather pillows if guests would prefer those.
- The Blue Room has a zip link super kingsize bed so it can also be used as a twin room if requested. Fitted wardrobe and chest of drawers.
- The Green Room has a king size bed, wardrobe, chest of drawers
- The Yellow Room is a twin room with two single beds, chest of drawers and row of hooks.
At the other end of the house another small staircase takes you to the other pretty bedroom: The Pale Blue Room.
- The Pale Blue Room has a double bed with storage cupboards along the eaves.
The large enclosed garden is mostly lawned at the back. The flower borders are bursting with roses in the summer and the fruit trees are groaning with pears and apples in the autumn. The hammock is perfectly positioned under the largest of the pear trees and it’s the perfect spot to while away a morning with a good book. The private hot tub is situated on a patio area at the back of the lawn. You can sit back, relax and let your troubles wash away! There’s an outside table with seating for 8.
- Detached property
- Main bedroom with superking size zip and link bed which can become a twin if requested.
- Bedroom with a kingsize bed.
- Twin bedroom with two single beds
- All bed linen
- Towels – Each guest will receive 1 x bath sheet, 1 x bath towel, 1 x hand towel and a face cloth for use during their stay.
- Double bedroom
- Private enclosed garden
- Private hot tub
- Private off-road parking for three cars
- Free WiFi
- Dog friendly
- Five burner range cooker
- Washer dryer
- American fridge freezer
- Smart TV
- Travel cot (supplied without bedding)
- Decorated at Christmas
- Pub/restaurant within 500m